SBA Now Accepting 2018 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Small Business Administration is now accepting nominations for its 2018 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year. Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
The 2017 South Carolina Small Business Person of the Year is Vicki Wyatt, owner of J.I.T Manufacturing. J.I.T Manufacturing is a metal fabrication company. The company provides laser cutting, CNC Punching, certified welding, precision forming, shearing, insertion, and assembly. J.I.T Manufacturing has clients in the commercial, military, and aerospace industries.
"National Small Business Week is one of the ways we recognize excellence and outstanding achievements of our small business owners like Mrs. Wyatt. They create jobs and opportunities for our economy and communities," stated Richard Gregg White, SBA South Carolina District Director.
The dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards provides forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination.
SBA Awards are given in celebration of National Small Business Week, April 29 – May 5, 2018, include the following:
- One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. EST, Jan. 9, 2018. All nomination packages must be hand delivered or mailed to the nearest SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
Unless the guidelines specify otherwise, South Carolina award nomination packages should be sent to:
SBA South Carolina District Office
1835 Assembly Street, Suite 1425
Columbia, SC 29201
Attention: Martin Short
The announcement for the SBA’s State of South Carolina National Small Business Week categories will be released no later than October 31.
About the U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 and since January 13, 2012 has served as a Cabinet-level agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, the SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. www.sba.gov.